Last Updated on Thursday, 13 April 2017 09:00
Bids/Request for Proposals
The following bids and/or request for proposals are open in the
Tuscola Community Unit School District #301.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Sealed bids will be received by the Tuscola Community Unit School District #301 Board of Education at the District Office, 409 South Prairie, Tuscola, Illinois 61953, until 10:00 a.m. Central Standard Time, on the date indicated.
RFP Bidding Information – Technology Services
April 12, 2017
Tuscola CUSD #301 School District Technology RFP Bidding Information
Rejection/Award of Proposals
The School District reserves the right to accept or reject any or all submissions, to negotiate with any or all responsible Bidders, and to waive any informalities in the Request for Proposals process, and to enter into an agreement with the Bidder whom the School District in its sole discretion determines is in the best interests of the School District even though the Bidder may not be the lowest bid or proposal. The School Board further reserves the right to award the contract on a split order basis, lump sum, or individual item basis, or such combination as shall best serve the interest of the School District. Bidders shall be responsible for any and all expenses that they may incur in preparing their proposals.
Terms and Conditions
Proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
1. Extent to which the proposals meet the specifications
2. Competitive pricing
3. Warranty/Support availability for hardware items
Proposals may include multiple options for each requested item (provided each meet stated minimum specifications) and all options will be considered.
Proposals will be accepted at the Office of the Superintendent, 409 S. Prairie St., Tuscola, Illinois 61953 until 10:00 am, Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
. All questions and answers will posted to this web page.
Please check back regularly.
We anticipate board approval at our May 22, 2017 Board Meeting.
We will implement our new technology services provider(s) between June 1 and August 1, 2017
The Technology Support Services are to include:
- Consultation Services
- Advises school administration on technology infrastructure use, policies, change management, disaster recovery, student data security, and matters requiring outside services and equipment purchases;
- Provide executive level support and assistance in strategic planning and technology innovation to include:
- Optimization plan for current-state technology capabilities to minimize spending
- Future-state technology roadmap delivering maximized value and performance - may include managed application hosting and storage, cloud, and virtualization and mobile strategies.
- Minimized capex investment
- Lowest possible opex spending and annual TCO on a 5 year plan
- District curricular goals
- Advises the evaluation of procurement processes, software, hardware, and infrastructure.
- Provide technical requirements and integration support related to technology procurement and implementation;
- Coordinate contracts, requests for proposals, and relationships with vendors as needed.
- Provide project management services relating to the deployment of infrastructure, devices and software.
- Device Management
- Management of standard configurations for desktop images including all office software, antivirus, etc.; distribution of updates, patches, and new releases; component replacement on failure; mobile devices (smart phones, tablets);
- Install hardware upgrades such as memory, hard drives, power supplies, and motherboards on end user desktop and laptop machines;
- Network Management
- Support and maintain network hardware and software, to include LAN, WAN, Wireless/WiFi;
- Resolve network LAN issues such as client\server connectivity issues;
- Manage network security, authentication, and disaster recovery.
- End-User Support
- Troubleshoot and resolve end user issues related to software applications (e.g., Chrome, Word, Adobe) and internet applications (e.g., Discovery, SIS, TeacherEase);
- Provide onsite and remote desktop support for troubleshooting end user hardware and software errors and issues with specified quality of service and response times to be agreed upon in the contract;
- Technology Department Support
- Provide training to technology staff on technology systems as deemed appropriate and necessary by Tuscola CUSD #301;
- Assist technology dept. staff in answering technology-related questions from students, parents, teachers, and administrators;
- Participate in monthly phone calls and on-site meetings as needed.
- Provide inventory management and hardware recycling support.
The Tuscola CUSD #301 Board of Education reserves the right to accept and/or reject any or all bids, to award separate items in the bid, to waive irregularities in procedure, and to make all decisions in the best interest of the Tuscola CUSD #301.